Grand Champion Rachael Perron of Kowalski's Markets was assisted by Jenesis Williams of Robert Morris University.
Chef Rachael Perron, Kowalski's Markets, was named Grand Champion of the 2014 Supermarket Chef Showdown for her Greek Grain Salad with Dilled Feta Dressing.
Twenty-four chefs competed across five categories in front of a live audience on the exhibit floor of FMI Connect in Chicago on Wednesday. The Supermarket Guru Phil Lempert was producer and emcee for the event.
“While the competition is fun, the real joy of this event is the chance to spotlight the spice that supermarket chefs bring to food retail,” FMIpresident and CEO Leslie G. Sarasin said. “As we all know, food is the great connector – bringing people together – and that is true even within a cooking competition.”
• Healthy Meals Category Winner: Rachael Perron, Kowalski's Markets, Greek Grain Salad with Dilled Feta Dressing
• Family Meals Category Winner: Keoni Chang, Foodland Super Market, Korean-Style Hillshire Farm Dogs with Kimchi Slaw and Alexia Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
• Ethnic Meals Category Winner: Andrew Kintigh, Hy-Vee, Inc., Moroccan Style Chickpea and Kale Stew with Date Gremolata
• Side Dish/Mini Meals Category Winner: Erin Horton, Orchard Fresh, Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs
• Desserts Category Winner: Michael Brady, Fresh by Brookshire's Grocery, Banana Beignets.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|