HALF MOON BAY, Calif. (FNS) -- A 16-month-old Colorado girl who drank apple juice products has died from multiple organ failure triggered by an E. coli bacteria infection, marking the first death in an E. coli outbreak that has sickened dozens of people in western states. While Anna Gimmestad of Evans, Colo., had consumed Odwalla juice, tests results to determine if the strain of the bacteria that killed her matched the strain found in Odwalla juice samples that tested positive for E. coli ...

REGISTER TO VIEW THIS ARTICLE - Register for a Free Account

Why Register for FREE?

Registering for content on Supermarket News will give you INSTANT access to invaluable articles and media content that industry professionals rely on. You will have access to our special reports, feature articles, and industry analysis. It’s FREE, easy and quick.  What are you waiting for! In addition you will also receive a complimentary copy of SN's salary survey sent to you by email.
 

Click here to read the FAQ page if you have any questions (opens in a new window)
 

Attention Paid Print Subscribers:  While you have already been granted free access to SN we ask that you register now. We promise it will only take a few minutes! Or visit your profile and add your print magazine account number and zip code.

Already registered? here.