Calif. - To boost protection against cavities for kids, Dr. Fresh has introduced Firefly MouthSwoosh Anti-Cavity Fluoride Rinse. The sugar- and alcohol-free mouth rinse features a light-up timer cap that flashes for 30 seconds, the amount of time children should keep "swooshing" for effective protection, the company said. Designed to appeal to kids and encourage good oral hygiene from an early age, MouthSwoosh is recommended for children 6 years old and older to be used under adult supervision once daily after brushing, and has a suggested retail price of $4.99. The product is being advertised in children's magazines in selected cities.
CENTURY CITY, Calif. - Hoping to satisfy kids' cravings for sweets, Fox Home Entertainment will release "Strawberry Shortcake: Cooking Up Fun" on DVD Nov. 14. Packaged with a cookbook and strawberry-scented case, the DVD has a suggested retail price of $14.98. A marketing program will deliver over 1 billion impressions and include radio, TV and online advertising, plus direct-mail, reaching over 60 million households, the company said.
Top 10 SUPERMARKET DVD SELL-THROUGH TITLES
As of October 15, 2006
RANK: TITLE (# of Weeks Out, Studio, Retail Price Last Week
1) N; Click; Sony $28.95
2) 2; The Little Mermaid Special Edition (1); Buena Vista $29.99
3) 1; X-Men: The Last Stand (1); Fox $29.98
4) N; Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties; Fox $29.99
5) N; Fox and the Hound: 25th Anniversary; Buena Vista $29.99
6) 3; The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2); Universal $29.98
7) 4; Curious George (2); Universal $29.98
8) 5; The Lake House (2); Warner $28.98
9) 6; The Wild (4); Buena Vista $29.99
10) N; The Butterfly Effect 2; New Line $19.98
N=New N/A=Not in Top 10 last week
This chart, tailored for the supermarket video market, is based on information taken from more than 1,000 supermarket rental locations serviced by Ingram Entertainment, La Vergne, Tenn.