WASHINGTON (FNS) -- Retail food prices dropped 0.1% in January, after registering small increases each month throughout 1999, according to data released by the Labor Department. Year-over-year, however, prices were up 1.5%. According to the Consumer Price Index, retail prices for food and beverages combined were unchanged in January. Year-over-year prices increased 1.6%. Prices for food at home declined 0.2%, reflecting decreases in the indexes for fruits and vegetables, dairy products and ...

REGISTER TO VIEW THIS ARTICLE - Register for a Free Account

Why Register for FREE?

Salary Survey 2015

Registering for content on Supermarket News will give you INSTANT access to invaluable articles and media content that industry professionals rely on. You will have access to our special reports, feature articles, and industry analysis. It’s FREE, easy and quick.  What are you waiting for! In addition you will also receive complimentary access to the SN salary survey data tables.

Click here to read the FAQ page if you have any questions (opens in a new window)

Attention Paid Print Subscribers:  While you have already been granted free access to SN we ask that you register now. We promise it will only take a few minutes! Or visit your profile and add your print magazine account number and zip code.

Already registered? here.