MINNEAPOLIS -- Supervalu here and American Foods Group, a Green Bay, Wis.-based meat company, have settled with the parents of Sonja Pearson, a young girl who became seriously ill after eating E. coli-contaminated ground beef that was supplied by AFG to Supervalu's Cub Foods subsidiary, according to the lawyer for the girl's parents.
A Supervalu spokeswoman told SN, "We believe the settlement is mutually agreeable and beneficial. We are pleased with the resolution of this matter."
REGISTER TO VIEW THIS ARTICLE - Register for a Free Account
Registering for content on Supermarket News will give you INSTANT access to invaluable articles and media content that industry professionals rely on. You will have access to our special reports, feature articles, and industry analysis. It’s FREE, easy and quick. What are you waiting for! In addition you will also receive a complimentary copy of SN's salary survey sent to you by email.
Click here to read the FAQ page if you have any questions (opens in a new window)
Attention Paid Print Subscribers: While you have already been granted free access to SN we ask that you register now. We promise it will only take a few minutes! Or visit your profile and add your print magazine account number and zip code.