Most viewed content on SupermarketNews.com for the week of April 1
1. Supervalu Returns to Wholesaler, Save-A-Lot Focus
MINNEAPOLIS — For the reconstituted Supervalu, the outlook is brighter, though challenges remain, industry observers told SN.
2. Gallery: Kings Debuts MarketSquare Concept for Fresh Foods
With the opening of a new store in Gillette, N.J., Kings Food Markets debuted a concept called MarketSquare, which brings together all the fresh departments in one large area at the front of the store.
3. Supervalu Taps Stigers as Regional President
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu here on Tuesday said it has named industry veteran Mike Stigers as the new president of the company’s Northern Region.
4. Kroger Expands Marketplace to S.C.
CINCINNATI — Kroger Co. on Wednesday began construction of its first Marketplace superstore in South Carolina as part of a new mixed-use project on Hilton Head Island.
5. Gallery: Price Chopper Foodservice Makes Plans
SCHENECTADY, N.Y. — The Price Chopper foodservice team is busy developing new recipes for 16 new quick-service areas launching at the "Store of the Decade" in Latham in November.