TOKYO — Seiyu, the Japanese retailer, yesterday said its shareholders approved the previously announced acquisition of the remaining shares of the company by Wal-Mart Stores, Bentonville, Ark. Wal-Mart began acquiring shares of Seiyu in 2002 and has increased its stake to 96% since then. This vote will allow it to purchase the remaining 4% it does not already own. Read More of Today's Headlines
REGISTER TO VIEW THIS ARTICLE - Register for a Free Account
Why Register for FREE?
Registering for content on Supermarket News will give you INSTANT access to invaluable articles and media content that industry professionals rely on. You will have access to our special reports, feature articles, and industry analysis. It’s FREE, easy and quick. What are you waiting for! In addition you will also receive complimentary access to the SN salary survey data tables.
Attention Paid Print Subscribers: While you have already been granted free access to SN we ask that you register now. We promise it will only take a few minutes! Or visit your profile and add your print magazine account number and zip code.