AUSTIN, Texas — Whole Foods Market has unwrapped a line of holiday gift boxes — a first for the retailer.
Ranging in price from $40 to $60, excluding shipping, each contains foods free of artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, sweeteners and hydrogenated fats. They are available exclusively on the retailer's website.
"From snacking to relaxation, we carefully selected the ideal products to fit the theme of each gift box," said Jim Speirs, global vice president of purchasing for Whole Foods, in a statement.
• The Gift of Grub ($60) — All-natural summer sausage, pretzel crisps, aged cheddar cheese straws, organic peppermint stick chocolate, classic shortbread, gourmet pecans and other snacks.
• You're Zenzational ($60) — Lavender lotion and shower gel, mineral bath salts, pillow mist, a sleep mask, a bath pillow, a candle, tea and other soothing items.
• Get Warm, Get Fuzzy ($50) - Specialty coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, gourmet caramel sweetener, fruit-and-nut mix, mocha wafer rolls, biscotti bites and dark chocolate espresso beans.
• You Rock Box o’ Choc ($50) – Organic and Fair Trade chocolate bars, a gift collection of chocolates, dipped sandwich cookies and brownie bites, peanut butter chocolate wafers, chocolate cherry trail mix and hot chocolate.
• Ciao Down ($40) - Pasta, Italian herb pasta sauce, basil pesto, extra virgin olive oil crostini, dry roasted almonds and truffled espresso clusters.