MONTREAL — Metro Inc. here on Wednesday said its net earnings decreased by 8.9% during its fiscal fourth quarter as the retailer waged promotional battles and absorbed costs associated with closing a food processing facility and a warehouse. Sales of $2.6 billion (U.S.) during the eight-week fourth quarter, which ended Sept. 24, increased by 3.8% while same-store sales were up 3.2%. Net earnings totaled $84 million, and EBITDA slid 7% to $169 million. Gross margin as a percent of sales slid ...

REGISTER TO VIEW THIS ARTICLE - Register for a Free Account

Why Register for FREE?

Salary Survey 2015

Registering for content on Supermarket News will give you INSTANT access to invaluable articles and media content that industry professionals rely on. You will have access to our special reports, feature articles, and industry analysis. It’s FREE, easy and quick.  What are you waiting for! In addition you will also receive complimentary access to the SN salary survey data tables.

Click here to read the FAQ page if you have any questions (opens in a new window)

Attention Paid Print Subscribers:  While you have already been granted free access to SN we ask that you register now. We promise it will only take a few minutes! Or visit your profile and add your print magazine account number and zip code.

Already registered? here.