WASHINGTON (FNS) -- Wholesale prices for domestically grown and produced food in March increased a seasonally adjusted 0.1% against February, according to the Labor Department. Compared to year-ago levels, food prices at the wholesale level were up 0.9% last month. The slight fluctuation in food prices overall occurred as wholesale prices for all manufactured goods jumped 1%, largely due to a sharp 5.8% gain in energy prices. This was the largest increase in energy prices since October 1990 ...

REGISTER TO VIEW THIS ARTICLE - Register for a Free Account

WhyRegisterfor FREE?

Salary Survey 2015

Registering for content on Supermarket News will give youINSTANTaccess to invaluable articles and media content that industry professionals rely on. You will have access to our special reports, feature articles, and industry analysis. It’sFREE, easy and quick. What are you waiting for!In addition you will also receive complimentary access to the SN salary survey data tables.

Click here to read the FAQ page if you have any questions (opens in a new window)

Attention Paid Print Subscribers: While you have already been grantedfreeaccess to SNwe ask that youregister now.We promise it will only take a few minutes! Or visit your profile and add your print magazine account number and zip code.

Already registered? here.