1. Kroger Store May Signal Growth Plan
CINCINNATI — Kroger Co. is putting a big foot forward in South Carolina.
2. Ahold Denies Report of Banner Changes
CARLISLE, Pa. — A spokeswoman for Ahold USA told SN on Tuesday that there was no truth to a report out of The Netherlands this week that the company was considering reducing the number of banner names in the U.S.
3. Reunited Albertsons Veterans Seen Returning Company to Its Roots
BOISE, Idaho — Reuniting personnel from the Albertsons divisions that were split between Supervalu and Albertsons LLC offers the promise of better things to come, industry observers told SN.
4. Family Dollar Moves Groceries Back
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar Stores here said Wednesday it plans a new store layout that will move home and apparel items to the front of the store, ahead of food items.
5. Millennials Turn Up the Radio
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. — Digital and social media play a big role in the pre-shop behaviors of Millennials, but surprisingly, so does a more traditional medium: radio.