ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Wegmans Food Markets will fire up its pizza ovens on Oct. 31 in anticipation of its second most popular pizza night of the year, behind Super Bowl.
“Our biggest pizza nights are right in line with national sales trends,” said Mike DeBole, Wegmans’ category merchant for pizza, in a statement.
“Across the nation and among our customers, the championship NFL game is number one, Halloween number two, day before Thanksgiving number three, and New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, fourth and fifth, respectively.”
Around 80% of the orders Wegmans takes on Halloween are for pies with familiar toppings, like cheese, pepperoni or sausage. The remaining 20% have other toppings, like broccoli, mushrooms, olives and peppers.
The retailer will discount its large 20-inch fresh-baked pizza with cheese and one other topping by $3 this Halloween, from $14.99 to $12.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|