Hanneke, reporting to Chief Executive Officer Dick Boer, will lead all global online and customer loyalty initiatives. At P&G, she worked in various senior general management and roles in the United States, Switzerland, Greece and the Netherlands. According to her LinkedIn profile, she most recently was global vice president for P&G's Pantene, Head & Shoulders, and Herbal Essences brands, oversees more than $6 billion in buisness in 180 countries. She also was national diving champion in the Netherlands from 1985 to 1991.
Ahold said the new executive committee structure would help the company execute its “Reshaping Retail” strategy. The other members of the executive committee and their responsibilities are:
• CEO Boer: overall Reshaping Retail strategy, communications, external relations;
• Chief Financial Officer Jeff Carr: finance, information management, real estate, simplicity;
• Chief Corporate Governance Counsel Lodewijk Hijmans van den Bergh: legal and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, responsible retailing;
• Chief Operating Officer Ahold USA James McCann: business operations, continental strategy;
• Chief Operating Officer Ahold Europe Sander van der Laan: business operations, continental strategy;
• Chief Human Resources Officer (A successor to Marten Boisma, who is leaving to join AkzoNobel, will be named to fill this post): HR, leadership, organizational.
“Following the development and implementation of Reshaping Retail, Ahold is now at a point to adjust its leadership structure in a way that will best drive and support our growth phase,” said Boer. “Furthermore, I am delighted that we have Hanneke joining our company. Coming from a world-class marketing organization, she will provide us with key insights in leading online and customer loyalty initiatives going forward.”
The members of the executive committee will officially take up their roles starting Sept. 1.
|Suggested Categories||More from Supermarketnews|