Sidebar: Delhaize's New Leadership Structure
SALISBURY, N.C. — Delhaize America’s new corporate structure — which eliminated 25% of the leadership positions at the retailer — went into effect last week.
The new executive structure, which creates some new roles and eliminates others, is as follows, according to a memo from Roland Smith, the chain’s chief executive.
- Strategy and Development, reporting to Davis Criscone, chief strategy and development officer: vice presidents David Hilse, strategy; and Kyle Mitchell, store development.
- Finance, reporting to Greg Amoroso, chief financial officer: vice presidents Tom Kelly, controller; and Lionel Desclee, finance.
- Supply chain, reporting to Mike Vail, chief supply chain officer: Tod Pepin, senior vice president, center store merchandising; Tim Jacques, VP, center store merchandising; Geoff Waldeau, SVP, fresh merchandising; Mark Messier, VP, fresh merchandising; Chris Lewis, VP, supply chain services; Gerry Greenleaf, VP, transportation and distribution; Attila Akat, SVP, our brands; and Mike Cantrell, VP, pharmacy.
- Food Lion, Harvey’s and Reids, reporting to Beth Newlands Campbell, president of Food Lion: JJ Fleeman, VP, strategy and business development; and Karen Fernald, SVP, merchandising.
- Hannaford and Sweetbay, reporting to Brad Wise, president of Hannaford: Rick Meyerkopf, VP, merchandising; Mary Wright, VP, marketing; and Brad Schools, SVPO, retail operations.
- Bottom Dollar Food, reporting to Meg Ham, president of Bottom Dollar: Gene Faller, VP, retail operations; Jason Wilson, strategy and business development; and Hans Lefebvre, VP, merchandising.
- Information technogogy/info security, reporting to Deb Dixon, chief information officer: Odile Ducatez, VP, global IT business; Nathalie Haddad, VP, solutions delivery; Eric Norden, VP, global IT infrastructure; and John Kirkwood, VP, chief information security officer.
The company is searching for a new chief people officer, Smith said.
T.R. Robinson, senior vice president for merchandising, and James Egan, senior vice president for retail operations, were among those who lost their jobs. The following vice presidents also left the company immediately: Kyle Price, produce merchandising; Pete Bonneau, center store merchandising; Mike Brooks, strategy; Jim Corby, produce merchandising; Steve Culver, government relations; Kristen Hanson, our brands; Mike Harris, risk management; Lisa Miller, sustainability; Lisa Toner, legal affairs. In addition, four vice presidents will depart in March: Shawn Beichler, real estate; Steve Capbell, organization development; Bonnie Moore, associate relations; and Eric Watson, diversity and inclusion.