MONTVALE, N.J. — Following is a list of stores operated by A&P set to close in October. The company here said last week that 25 stores would close but declined to provide their locations. SN was able to confirm the following 20 of the planned closures through union sources and published reports.
• A&P: Lodi, N.J.; East Brunswick, N.J.; Woodbridge, N.J.; Maplewood, N.J.; and Yorktown Heights, N.Y.
• Pathmark: Belleville, N.J. (Washington Ave.); North Bergen, N.J.; Monsey, N.Y.; North Brunswick, N.J.; South Plainfield, N.J.; West Paterson, N.J.; Fort Lee, N.J.; Marlboro, N.J.; Union, N.J.; and Garden City Park, N.Y.
• Waldbaums: Centereach, N.Y.; and Levittown, N.Y. (Hempstead Turnpike).
• SuperFresh: Wheaton, Md.; and Towson, Md. (Dunlaney Valley).
• A&P Super Foodmart: Berlin, Conn.