Join our team!
Save Mart Supermarkets, a California corporation, owns and operates more than 220 stores in Northern California and Northern Nevada under the Save Mart, S-Mart Foods, Lucky, Maxx Value Foods, and FoodMaxx banners. Headquartered in Modesto, California since the company was founded in 1952, Save Mart Supermarkets has always believed in supporting local suppliers and producers, and is actively engaged with the charities and causes of the communities where its stores do business. For more information on the stores of Save Mart Supermarkets, please visit www.SaveMart.com,www.LuckySupermarkets.com, and www.FoodMaxx.com.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package - to include medical, dental, vision, prescription, dependent coverage, 401(k)/Retirement, and more!
Customer Solutions Merchant - Center Store (FoodMaxx Banner)
At Save Mart Supermarkets, each banner is a business that requires constant innovation, new ideas, new ways to delight our customers and new ways to work together. To meet the unique product and service needs of our customers, our stores, and operating models we must be customer-centric, and provide solutions that meet and exceed our customers' needs, end-to-end. This role requires a transition from the traditional buying/ category management skills to those customer insights/analytic skills required in a customer-centric environment.
Customer Solutions Merchants play a critical role with the implementation of product and service offerings to ensure that current and future consumer preferences are met and support other customer-centric product initiatives that align with overall banner initiatives. Additionally, a Customer Solutions Merchant is responsible for ensuring that store merchandising and service strategies are executed as planned and maintained to deliver positive customer experiences resulting in achievable financial targets, while working collaboratively with cross functional partners.
• Assist in the development of portfolio of customer-centric product offerings that promotes the unique banner identity and ensures that the banner is relevant in every market and drives customers to the stores.
• Carry out the Banner’s merchandising and selling strategies, objectives, and initiatives in their assigned areas.
• Assist in developing and ensuring successful execution of the merchandise planning and allocation plan, to fulfill its growth and revenue goals.
• Set pricing consistent with banner strategy and integrity.
• Lead all aspects of product life cycle management including understanding market demands, technology trends, and the competitive environment for assigned categories.
• Support the banner’s strategic product roadmap for their assigned area, including product launch and product marketing in order to meet customer needs.
• Through analytics, store visits, and other research elements, recommend future product needs for their assigned categories, in conjunction with Banner Products and Customer Experience leadership team, with support from Merchandising Strategy, Strategic Sourcing, Consumer Insights and Innovation teams.
• Work with the Customer Experience and Merchandising Specialist teams to ensure their assigned categories are effectively merchandised for optimized customer experience and sales (“total store experience”).
• Recommend product offerings for assigned categories to achieve operating results.
• Encourage innovation and ideas from others as a means to grow the business.
• Work to achieve key performance metrics.
• Work collaboratively with Sourcing to define the cost of goods and provide promotional planning options to be used in vendor negotiations.
• Participate in the training and accountability around selling, services, merchandising, etc.
• Identify problems and trends and provide recommended solutions.
• Monitor product satisfaction indicators as key measurements in customer feedback.
• Analyze District/Store results, customer insights and feedback and provide appropriate response/feedback/action.
• Utilize effective communication and company tools in providing timely feedback/coaching of teams.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across the life span of all assigned products, including Merchandising Strategy, Marketing, Sourcing, Procurement, Customer Experience Teams, etc.
• Build and enable distinctive and positive associate and customer experiences related to selling products.
Location: Modesto, CA
• Effective communicator in a variety of settings.
• Analytical Thinking – Approaches problems by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach. Routinely uses numerical information in their work.
• Skillful negotiator with both internal and external groups.
• Customer Centered – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
• Business Acumen – Knows how business works. Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
• Team Centered and Collaborative– Brings out the best in people; holds self and others accountable, makes fact-based decisions, integrity, makes expectations clear, understands big picture
• Having a keen knowledge of the marketplace, including competition, consumer behavior and demands and demographics
• A “foodie” who not only likes food but has both knowledge and understanding products in a retail environment.
• Innovative and supports innovation; likes trying new things; willing to fail, in order to not miss out on new and innovated solutions.
• Merchant who knows how to merchandise and sell to consumers. Passionate about the Total Store experience. Teaches others how to sell.
• Is results oriented and demonstrates Excellence in Execution.
• Energy/Drive – Challenges self and others to perform. Enjoys working hard.
• Leads and handles change, deals well with ambiguity, and is able to adapt quickly in a nimble environment.
• Visual merchandising – Knows how merchandise visually to attract customers.
Experience and Education
• Minimum five years applicable experience. Four year college degree (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience).
To learn more and apply, please visit our online career center www.savemart.com/corporate-level
Save Mart Supermarkets is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome applications from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.
Pre-employment drug screen required.