AUSTIN, Texas — Whole Foods Markets’ fishmonger finalists are ready to compete for the “golden trident trophy” at the Fishmonger Face-Off on June 16 in Aspen, Colo.
It will be a challenge of brains and brawn. The fishmongers will both participate in a trivia contest and a timed salmon fillet challenge.
The finalists shared their qualifications and training rituals in a video promoting the event (see below).
The fishmongers heading to the competition are:
- Michael Schmitz, Encinitas, California
- Bob Reany, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
- Abbatt Story, Atlanta, Georgia
- Andres Barroso, Swampscott, Massachusetts
- Zach Langford, Austin, Texas
- Jordan Silva, Naples, Florida
- Ken Riccardi, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Alejandro Macias, Los Gatos, California
- Andrew Ogden, Red Bank, N.J.
- Heriberto Medina, Deerfield, Illinois
- Cavan Hua, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada